History

No .14 Trim Street is an early 18th Century house built in the first Georgian development outside the city walls. Historians agree that Trim Street properties were built on the in-filled city ditch - the defensive moat that surrounded the Medieval and, very probably, the Roman town.

The building of Trim Street's 18 houses began in 1707, on land which unsurprisingly had belonged to the estate of a certain 'Mr Trim'. Construction work continued into the early 1720's, but on stylistic grounds it is likely that No. 14 would already have been built by this time.

Inside The Roman Baths
The Roman Baths

 

Copyright 2013 © 14 Trim Street    |        |    Hosting - ASWeb