History

The first written record of 14 Trim Street is in 1766, when the city rate was inaugurated. The house was then shown as being occupied by John Shaw, Esquire - a gentleman.

At this time, several buildings in Trim Street, including No 14, appear to have been owned by a Mr West. His name appears in street directories of the time with his business partner as 'West and Sole, Apothecaries and Herb Men of Trim Street'.

By 1805, West's tenant in 14 Trim Street was a solicitor, William Boord, who would probably have used the property exclusively as an office.

The church at Dyrham Park
 

 

Copyright 2013 © 14 Trim Street    |        |    Hosting - ASWeb